Ron Thompson, Property Investor, Principal Solicitor, Haven Solicitors Ltd
Before: I’ve always known the importance of trying to attract overseas investors to what we want to do. But personally I didn’t know how to attract them. I didn’t know how to speak to them properly or approach them or even find them. And I didn’t want to make a mistake right from the off.
Because it is not the person you think you’ve got a good idea you’re saying all the wrong things. So before I sort of started with Tess’s course and I have been with Tess over the last month. I wouldn’t have known where to start.
After: I now feel very confident in how to approach overseas investors and in fact we’ve reached out to a number already and the course hasn’t finished yet!
We’ve had one Zoom call already, we’ve got another Zoom call tomorrow and another Zoom call at the end of the month.
- He’s from Hong Kong, he already helps people invest in the UK anyhow. And he is wanting to emigrate into the UK later on this year…Cause he’s got investors that can buy them. So we’re in the process of getting something together for him as well
- We’ve just sold, well we’re just about to sell a 6.5 million pound portfolio to someone in the UK.
- You brought up all the Chinese and the Hong Kong investors and the Indian. So yeah we’ve I’ve actually spoke about a zoom meeting today with a Russian who helps Israelis invest!
- She accepted the connect and I sort of (asked) “Would you like to have a zoom meeting to discuss further? This is what we do. It seems that you do something similar”. And she has messaged today and said: “Is four o’clock tomorrow okay?”
- He is just what we needed because he’s already invested in the UK but he wants to expand what is he investing and he wants to expand his bank of investors. So we know we can provide the properties
- Without doing your course, I would never have done this. We knew we wanted to do it, but we didn’t know how to do it.
We know that we can always reach out for more because we know now, how to approach them, how to find them, more importantly, what to say.
What’s next: Once we once we do reach the number of investors that we want to retain, and we don’t want many. We do want to build long-term relationships with those we do work with. And we’ll we’ll stop at that point.
Andy Cleary, Property Investor, Maison Jasmine
Before: Before working with Tess, it was it was quite difficult. And I think we’re all looking for investors, and it’s like finding a needle in a haystack. So, it’s very hard and very difficult and its quite time consuming, which is why I joined Tess’s program.
After: It’s just so much easier because she gives you the skills and more importantly the tools that you need to work with. So, everything’s there in front of you and you just need to go and put the effort in using those tools and the skills and get the results.
I definitely recommend Tess. I’ll just say just do it don’t think about the cost, just do it. Because what you will learn, the value for money and everything else is outstanding so just do it.
- For me the biggest take is understanding the cultural difference. And despite being married to a Chinese lady I’ve still been amazed at how much I’ve learned each session about Chinese culture.
- And it’s understanding those fine points that as an English person we don’t readily accept and understand. So, it’s having that understanding helps you move forward to meet and talk to those Chinese introducers and investors.
What’s next: Start using the tools and the information and just start working hard to So, introducing myself which I’ve started with the LinkedIn profile and the WeChat profile. So, it’s just getting myself out there.
Cameron McCabe CeMAP, Evergreen Estates Group
Before: I started in development not knowing where to find any investors, let alone knowing that I would be able to find Chinese investors that were interested in UK projects. I had no idea where to begin, how the culture differences would mean a very different scenario from an investment point of view.
After: Working with Tess over the last couple of months, it’s really given me the knowledge on how to approach these investors and get the funding that I need for all of my projects.
I would definitely recommend working with Tess. If you have any hesitation, it’s definitely definitely worth it and you will see the results that you want to get in your business or any project that you’ve got.
- I’m very easily able to identify where potential investors or introduces are through LinkedIn groups, certain websites. It’s something that is easily available to everybody, but unless you know where to look, you’re never gonna see it. And going through this program with Tess, it’s given me that ability to go out and find them very very easily.
- It’s been very helpful, very very helpful not only to find Chinese investors but also in understanding how they work. It’s completely different to how we would work in the UK.
- And it does come across that she cares about making sure that all of her clients have results and that’s always something for me that stands out over and above anybody else just giving a service.
- It’s been an absolute pleasure working with Tess. She’s got a lot of energy, very very knowledgeable and she’s very thorough in all of the work that she does.
Kevin Cooper, Property Investor and Developer, Property Deal Network
Before: I’ve come from a marketing background. I’ve got a little bit experience working with Chinese investors. It was just referrals. Because before it was random, so it was chaotic. I get nothing and then I get two at once.
I knew the value was there. I just didn’t know how to consistently bump into these good quality people. I’ve got that one very strong introducer, but I got dependency on her.
After: Now I’ve got a game plan, which is what I need. I have a consistent outbound strategy which means I should get consistent responses and then that should then put throughput to consistent sales.
- And if something was to happen, which meant they all stopped, they were retired, I haven’t got any fear because I can go out and pick up a whole new batch.
- Now I’ve got a structure, so I know how to translate my previous experience into a format that works with this investor type.
- It’s given me the structure that I need to take action and move forward. I should remove that dependency, because I’ll have several and then obviously over time that that list will only get bigger.
I recommend Tess’s program which I’ve just completed. Because it’s given me the structure that I need to take action and move forward.
Cristina Osborne, Property Investor and Developer, Medway Court Investments
Before: I had no idea that you can even approach HNW Chinese investors and know nothing about them.
After: After the 10 sessions with Tess, I now have a foundation and understanding of their motivations, how to communicate with them, and how to find them. I have one really good lead that has come through from taking action after the lessons from the sessions. I hope to close a deal soon.
- Honestly just from that week alone, I’m still using it, because it’s so it’s so practical and specific that’s just ready to go information. I know exactly what to do with that information and it’s there like I don’t even have to research, like you’ve given it to me just do it. And that’s what I’ve been using for contacting people on LinkedIn.
- I’ve not exhausted my own list yet. I have like about maybe a couple of thousand people to connect with and I’m not even using it all I’m just connecting maybe five a week right I could be connecting 50 a day.
Vision: To close my first deal and to set up a secondary business using the information learned from the course.
And if something was to happen, which meant they (introducers, investors) all stopped, they were retired, I haven’t got any fear because I can go out and pick up a whole new batch.
Leonardo Achlei Abulhossem
Thank you, Tess. The insights you give and the shared experience makes this course a great start to build your wealthy client network.
- Property investors will always need some outside investment and capital to grow their business. To be able to tap into the wealth and capital through HNW Chinese investors is one area in which not a lot of UK based property investors and developers feel comfortable leveraging. This is mainly based on fear and ignorance.
- Tess’s program helps investors overcome this barrier. Once you understand where to find and how to communicate with HNW Chinese investors, you have within your reach a great potential and source of wealth and capital for your property projects.
It’s been eye opening
Paul Million The Property Network Group
Tess is a brilliant instructor. Eloquent and clear. She gives a fantastic insight into High-net-worth Investors, their mindset, methods and expectations. Very interesting indeed. Tremendous value!
Great tips on finding wealthy clients besides LinkedIn! The lessons built on each other to give me a fresh perspective and actionable ideas for my lead generation, and set the stage for me build relationships, convert to transactions, and retain clients.